The Bible tells us that when Jehovah God revealed Himself to someone, He did so by revealing His nature through a new Name. Praying His Name is a privilege reserved for those who have an intimate relationship with Him. These are but a few of the Names by which we know God's character:2. In God's Will
1) Jehovah-jireh (Gen. 22:14) "The Lord will Provide".
2) Jehovah-rophe (Ex. 15:26) "I am the Lord who heals you".
3) Jehovah-nissi (Ex. 17:15) "The Lord, my Banner".
4) Jehovah-m'kaddesh (Lev. 20:8) "I am He who sanctifies you" (make You holy).
5) Jehovah-shalom (Judges 6:24) "I am Your peace".
6) Jehovah-tsidkenu (Jer. 23:5,6) "Jehovah, our Righteousness".
7) Jehovah-rohi (Ps. 23) "The Lord is my Shepherd".
8) Jehovah-shammah (Ez. 48:35) "The Lord is there".
Back to top
And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him." I John 5:14-15Back to top
Praying for God's will to be done is good, but praying to know His will is another matter altogether. How can anyone but God know what He plans to do?
Content provided by James R. Green & serviced by jgpro.net
Copyright 1999-2016 - All Rights Reserved